Build the confidence to communicate clearly
Our intensive, high level Medical English course improves the communications skills of international healthcare professionals who work or study in an English-speaking environment.
Doctors, nurses,pharmacists and other medical professionals need high standards of clear communication to recognise health problems, give the correct treatments and avoid dangerous errors. Basic medical terminology is not enough.
It is also important to show tact and sensitivity when communicating to patients, their families and your colleagues.Our Medical English course will help you to speak to speak with confidence and compassion.
You will learn
• How to ask clear questions and get the information you need from patients or clients
• How to report observations and actions to co-workers
• How to give clear instructions, suggestions and explanations to clients, their families and junior staff
Choose from Introductory, Intermediate or Advanced lessons in either UK or US Medical English. Each module includes 5 hours of one-to-one online lessons with an accredited English teacher, plus 50 hours of supported study.
Course topics include:
✓Introducing yourself and saying what you do
✓Talking about the body and pain
✓ Key medical terminology
✓Giving handovers to colleagues
✓Administration of medications
✓End of life care
You can choose specialised English for healthcare vocabulary modules in:
√ General Accident and Emergency
By the end of the course you will have:
• Studied the language of medicine in various contexts
• Learned to communicate effectively with patients and colleagues
• Increased your awareness of specialised terminology
• Analysed real case scenarios
• Learned how to deal with challenging situations
• Compared US and UK Medical English terminology
•Gained excellent practice sTANDEM, the OET and similar tests
PLEASE NOTE THAT AFTER ASSESSMENT WE WILL SUGGEST THE COURSE(S) APPROPRIATE TO YOU AND WILL SEND YOU A SECURE PAYMENT LINK FROM THE WEBSITE TO PAY FOR YOUR COURSE(S). THEREFORE PLEASE CONTACT US IN THE FIRST INSTANCE TO BOOK YOUR ASSESSMENT WITHOUT OBLIGATION.
IELTS Tips: US Versus British Medical English: